Search This Blog for Surname or keyword

Monday, March 30, 2020

ALBOR, Lizzie Mary (Jersey City Hts, NJ)


LIZZIE MARY ALBOR

Identification on photo: Lizzie Mary Albor
Photo taken: Anton Weil studio, Jersey City Hts, NJ, circa 1890-1893
Purchased: 2019 January South Florida Fairgrounds, Antiques Show

This one is a stumper and requires more research. I thought at first the surname was ALBAS or ALBOS, but I am confident now that it says ALBOR.



I cannot determine if the inscription "Lizzie Mary Albor" means the girl's name is "Lizzie Mary Albor" or if it is dedicated to, and presented to, "Lizzie" from "Mary Albor".

I often see a name on the back of portraits that is the name of the person receiving the photo, and clearly not the subject of the photo. So I bear this in mind when trying to determine what the inscription actually means.

No comments:

Post a Comment